Friday, January 18, 2008

Is it Monday?

It feels like a Monday.

Sing with me: "I don't like Mondays. I don't like Mon-day-ays"


Grrrr
Today is just not going well.

I didn't even get a chance to post yesterday--but it was full of happy--finishing stuff etc.
Today--I had to frog the finally finished socks...frogged into oblivion.

Sorrow. Lament.

After getting 4 hours of sleep, taking the shaggy dog son for a hair cut that didn't happen (he was hitting the hairdresser...grrrr), said son broke Princess B's brand new beaded necklace (think HUNDREDS of beads on the floor)...I frogged the socks.

Let's tell the whole story of the socks:

I won the yarn from a blog contest--here:

The socks were held by the Yarn Harlot:


The skin became horrifically knotted and would take about 4 hours to get enough yarn to knit 10 rows:

The socks took from October 2006 to August 2007 (yes you read that right) to finish:

I wove in the ends yesterday (yes, you read that right again--I wore the socks all this time with ends hanging inside):


Woke up and put them on again today and found this:


*sighs*

So, some coffee and some chocolate and some supplies:


and now they are frogged and sitting in some warm soapy water to be washed.
I told my friend this morning that I had to rip them (I was just at her house last night helping her with knitting the Leaves of Whimsey Socks)....
so she sent me a card.

Go here:
http://www.dayspring.com/ecards/choice.asp?subcatID=181

It's the wooly/sheep category and she sent the sorrow one in the top left hand corner.
The sheep is knitting orangey-yellow socks!

Hilarious.
So, the socks are gone and I'm not sure I'm going to re-knit them.
I will make the Embossed Leaves socks again--but with another yarn.
This yarn--I don't' know what to do with.
I'll just let it sit for now.

Farewell old friend....

0 comments: