Wednesday, January 02, 2008

First FO for 2008


Okay so it's not a totally finished object--but it's a sock that has been on my needles since about October.
I lost my sock mojo somewhere in there and just never worked on it. It would sit in my purse and sometimes on Tuesdays Mommy group I would do a few rounds....
Finally this afternoon after Spinning Guild, the kids were happily playing and I sat down only to figure out what it would take to get it finished--and knit a few rows.
I knit a few more while waiting for the pots to boil for supper.
Knit a few more while the kids watched part of a movie after supper--and it was done!!

Oh and for anyone wondering if you can get a pair of socks out of 1 skein of Colinette Jitterbug--you totally can.
This is one full sized sock in a ribbed pattern with exactly half a skein.
I left a little bit to save for mending.
It's a horrible picture with bad lighting, but I was just so happy to have it finished!!

Speaking of mending:


I finally mended the hole in my handspun sock. It's sort of duplicate stitching/mending--I used this tutorial.
It felt a little bulky at first but it has felted down a bit and I can't feel it anymore:

So happy.

I also have the Guild wheel for another month. The President wasn't there today (actually we were very short on numbers--for a while I thought I'd be the only one there) and there was no one else who wanted to take it home--so It's with me.
I spun up some more bamboo last night--pictures tomorrow when we get some light.

My other bamboo sold in my store
and this one might end up there too....

Now it's off to cast on the second sock and do some house cleaning. Not being home for almost 2 weeks has made a big mess...
At least all the laundry around is clean and folded--but the Christmas gifts need to find their proper home, decorations to go away etc etc etc.

0 comments: