Tuesday, January 01, 2008

8 in 2008


Well I am not as ambitious as some, like Miss Violet who has taken on 101 things to accomplish, but I thought I would take a stab at some resolutions. Some are spiritual, some familial, some knitting related, and some personal.
Here goes...
1.Put God in His rightful place as first.
My devotions for today started with Genesis 1:1 "In the Beginning God...". The author encouraged me to put God first, just as He was in the beginning. First in my life, first in my day, first in my priorities. What that means for me will be spending more time in devotions and most importantly in my prayer life.
2. Invest more into my marriage.
Instead of wishing we had more time/fun/happiness together, I need to put more in. I receive a daily email about being a more generous wife and will be trying to put more of those ideas into practice.
3. Move.
I am not going to set up unrealistic goals to exercise every day, but I need to move more, and somethings that will mean moving away from the cookies!
4. Sleep
I am such a night owl, it is hard for me to turn out the lights before 1am, but to get up at 6:30, go and day, there is no way I can do that and have the energy I need to devote to Giraffe, Hubbo and myself. I know what Giraffe needs an early bedtime and I need to self-discipline there too.
6. Knit from my stash.
I know you've heard that before and while I will not say no yarn in 2008, I need to dig around more often to see what I have, fall in love again and just cast on. I have just joned Ravelry and I know I can find projects there to match my stash. This goes for my beading too- I have so much!
Kelly from the knitpics pod cast took out her stash, assigned a project for each skein and bagged the skeins with the pattern assigned. I am not sure I want to go that far, but I do need to fondle the stash til it tells me what it will become.
7. Try something new.
I am not adventurous enought when it comes to my knitting. I have tried some new things in the past 2 years (entrelac, using a drop spindle, lace, socks) and I need to keep trying to stay fresh and challenged. Don't want to live in garter purgatory.
8. Take it Easy.
I spend a lot of time comparing myself to others, Christian women I want to be more like, be a better housekeeper like, be slim like etc. If God can love me as I am, I need to try it too. I can always be a better housekeeper, more organized, a better wife and mother, a better whatever, but God isn't keeping score and neither should I. I need to treat myself with the same measure of grace and forgiveness I would extend to a friend.

That said, I am off to do some Pilates, put away from laundry, pack some lunches and turn out the light early. Happy New Years all.

0 comments: