Friday, November 02, 2007

G.I Joe


Just a quick post to get some pics of Giraffe dressed up for Hallowe'en. He decided that he wanted to be G.I. Joe. Lately he has been into Army soldiers, the little green plastic ones. This costume was so easy and cheap. He already owned camo shorts and a tee-shirt so we put those on over pants and a long-sleeved shirt (I love the Hallowe'en falls on a warm night) grabbed a $1 rifle and $3 camo makeup. Hubbo used to be on the SWAT team and had better makeup and did a great job of putting on the face. I whipped up a crocheted hand grenade using camo yarn left over from a pair of leg warmers I knit for my niece's Christmas present last year.
I think Giraffe looked great this year and he enjoyed every aspect of Trick or Treating this year, including the scariest house on the street!
















Giraffe and Hubbo carved the pumpkin while I ran out and grabbed Garbage Plates for dinner.














One last thought before I run. I was listening to a sermon podcast from my church (you can find the sermons on itunes) and the Pastor read a verse that really struck me. It is Ephesian 2:10. I was familiar with 2:8-9 "For it is by grace you have been saved, throught faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast." But verse 10 never stuck like it did this morning: "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." All that is good about me is not me, but God's creation of me. He did all the work, He is the Master Crafter designing and working each stich to make me what I am. Just as I knit a scarf, I alone can take credit for how it turns out and not the yarn itself. God alone deserves all the glory for what I am, who I am, and what I can do, not me. I am just the yarn, the clay, the fabric for Him to make a masterpiece. And God has good works for me, hand-picked for me to do. He can make wonderful things with my life when I allow Him to take over. It was an important message for me to hear this morning.

0 comments: