Thursday, September 07, 2006

Baby jays

Not much to see on the flamingo sock. I've done the heel on the second sock, so it won't be too long now. I pulled it out tonight and it hardly looked like I had put a dent in it..but watching most of "Lord of the rings, Return of the King"--did the trick.
I say most of, because we started at 9pm and by 11 when we realized there was more than an hour left, we called it a night.
well, hubby did.
I was just at the short rows for the heel and I couldn't stop there...so I did the heel and then put it away.
to blog.

I finished the baby jays before I went to my sisters, but didn't take any pictures.
I finally got the macro setting on my camera figured out.

I think they are quite cute:

the stitching is cute and the little toes make a cute "m" shape
I can't wait for him to wear them.

Pattern: toe up Baby Jays
Yarn: Left over Schoeller & Stahl Fortissima from Sockapalooza
Needles: Addi Turbos US 2

Oh, jaywalker, how do I love thee. I have made 3 pairs, and still no pair for me! But man, I love this pattern!

I will take a picture of the flamingo sock, when the lighting is better. Taking some tonight just got a nice flash, or yellowish looking yarn. ick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!! I love those..they are absolutely adorable. I think I know what I'll be knitting over the weekend :D Unfortunately, my own pair of jaywalkers are unfinished, and worse yet, I think I have to frog the one that is done because it is so tight. Still, I love the pattern as well :)

JustApril said...

They turned out SO cute! I'm glad you kept the one row of garter stitch to make the M - That's my favorite accidental design feature =)*)

Self striping yarn and Jaywalkers are made for each other - FOR sure! yaay for BabyJays!