Sunday, August 26, 2007

Some spinning pictures

I had a lovely time meeting with some of my spinning guild on Wednesday. It was supposed to be a pool party but the rain kept us indoors.
It was nice to sit and just spin for a few hours and not feel guilty about it.
The new wheel was there (the one that we won from the Sheep to Shawl) and I can't wait to try it out some day.
I finished about 2 oz of my Pigeon Roof Studios "Delight" Merino/Silk roving.
It's dreamy.


I also wanted to post a picture of the "shawl" that I started knitting.
Um, I did the whole pattern and it's the size of a handkerchief:

(Chequebook in the background for scale)
THey said the pattern was knit with 100g of yarn (which I assumed was fingering weight) but maybe not.
So, I think I will need to rip it out and start again wtih something else.
I bit the bullet and bought the pattern for the Forest Canopy Shawl
I didn't really want to purchase a pattern-but everyone in blogland has raved about it and I thought it would be a good first time lace, and one that can be done with any gauge yarn.
So, I bougt the pattern was pleasantly surprised when the designer refunded half my money--not sure why--maybe she was having a sale??? I need to send her off an e-mail to inquire (self, send that e-mail now)

So, I have some more spinning to do, some shawl knitting to do and it's getting cooler around here so picking up that sweater should happen soon.

This is the last week for Princess B to be home before she starts school.
Every day she asks me how many more sleeps and it seems like just yesterday I was telling her 21 and now it's down to 9...
sigh.
When did she get so big???

We had some fun at a free zoo this past weekend...trying to get all those last summer bit's of things in before Fall officially hits.

0 comments: