Monday, August 06, 2007

Sockapalooooza Socks

Sockapalooooza Socks
Originally uploaded by thechickswithsticks

Specs:
Pattern: Leaves of Whimsy by Rebecca Mercier
from the 2008 Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar
Yarn: My own Merino/Tencel in the "Grass" colourway.
Needles: Knitpicks Circulars US 1

These are the sock pal socks all done.

I checked the mail out dates and it's actually August 07th, so I'm all set.
I'm so glad they are finished.
I loved the pattern and it was my first time knitting with my own hand-dyed yarn (sprouty25.etsy.com)
It's a Merino/Tencel blend in the "Grass" colourway.

I love this pattern. It's well written, it's fun and easy to memorize. I got lost in the 16 pattern repeat in the beginning but later was able to identify the rows easily. It's one of those knits where when you finish one pattern repeat you can't wait to start again.

I love the heel:

I love that she continued the leaf pattern on the heel flap.

The leaves are pretty.

I'm happy with these socks and can't wait to share them with my pal.

They are blocking as we speak, to be shipped tomorrow.

and here is a picture of the Purple fibre I spun. Not sure what I will do with it--and there are parts where the ply has come out and it's all fuzzy, but I love it anyways.

I'm glad to be able to share pictures of these socks.

I sent a picture to the pattern writer as she wanted it for the gallery.

That is all for now.

I have been staying up way to late (and knit through the night until 5am in there too) and now I am needing some vegging out time.

Wrists are sore--so I will take a break for a couple of days.
Later


0 comments: