Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy snow day.

We woke up yesterday to a metric ton of snow (I have no idea what that means but it sounded good):


Church was cancelled because of the snow (and freezing rain) so we all hunkered in for a snow day.
I slept in (thanks hubby!)
and then drank coffee and hung out with the kids.
Hubby did some work (we have 250 Christmas cards and newsletters to hand address, stamp, label and stuff for today) and the kids and I snuggled on the couch.


Some movies (Star Wars and the Sound of Music), some snow fort building (an igloo--we have an igloo in our backyard)...


...more coffee and the second of the Fetching mitts is done.
I gave them a bit of a Eucelan soak and put them on to block them--and voila--all done


I am totally happy with them and want to make another pair. (notrightnowbecausethereisstillmoreChristmasknittingtodo)

Today there is school, which means Hubby will be working tonight. The kids are happy today (playing together at play-dough and colouring)--and I hope to swatch this afternoon to get ready for tonights knitting.

I am doing a plain-ish black hat for my BIL the cop. He works undercover (shhh) so needs some thing warm and plain.
I am going to make the harlot's "Unoriginal Hat' but will modify given that I have a different weight of yarn.

Let's see how much I can get done in one night.

..

0 comments: