Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A spinning day

While I have 3 wheels at the house I decided to host a spinning day.
Spinning is much more fun when you can share it.

I had 2 friends over for a day of spinning, lunch and idle chit-chat.

I bought some rovings (Romney and Rideau-Arcott--one friend has sheep and she has R-A's and might have the actual sheep that donated the fleece for these rovings!)
We also spun some Superwash Merino from my shop.
and washed fleece.

It was a little tricky to watch Aidan, wash fleece, cook lunch and teaching spinning all at once but they were VERY quick learners and did well to just be left to figure the rhythm of it on their own!

Here is a short video of my friend Karen spinning on the Lendrum;


I am going to ply their little skeins and give it back to them--or maybe just set the twist on the chunkier skeins.

I took some time to get to know my new wheel as I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and play with it. (She needs a name also)

I am coming to the end of my time with the Lendrum and so need to get the Crown Mountain Farms fibre finished and plied. I would love to borrow the wheel again for another month but with Christmas and New Years being away, I think I will wait and try it again another time.
Love love love this wheel.

My "Brown Eyed Girl" rovings are spun and currently look like this:


this is my sad attempt at a ghetto light box. I need some tracing paper of more tissue and some time to make one more like this.

I've started plying but don't' seem to have some hours to put into it.

Since the weather has started to become grey, rainy and snow-y I just feel like sleeping all the time. I already miss sunlight and tend to want to go to bed at 4 in the afternoon.
So..I'm trying to get good sleep and get stuff done at night...but there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.
Plus it's only a few weeks until Christmas.
I dont' think I'm going to do the big knitting-gifty thing this year. Maybe just a couple of things..

:0

0 comments: