Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Tour de fleece






I've decided to join again.
I did it last year when I was a new spinner.

Now I think I am able to set some actual goals.

My personal goals are to spin through my Spunky Eclectic Stash and try something different in the spinning.
I have not spun up some of my club shipments due to being frustrated with my wheel. (it's hand made and sometimes it comes apart and/or the wheel becomes difficult to treadle).

I have been spindle spinning some wool in the Toronto colourway--just spending a few minutes her and there.
I decided to finish that yarn on the spindle, as one of my goals.

I also sat down last night and played with the tension on my antique wheel and spun about an ounce of singles, laceweight from the January fibre.
I figured out the tension!
I hadn't spent much time on this wheel because it would either over twist or not pull onto the bobbin.
I loosened it fully and then tightened just enough to get what I needed.

I think the yarn will be pretty and I hope to use it for my first singles project.

I was telling someone last week about my "ghetto" lazy kate for spindling and since I had it beside me outside yesterday I decided to take some pictures.

Full spindle cop:


My supplies:


After filling my spindle I wind the singles onto empty toilet paper rolls with my ball winder.

Then I use this set up to ply:


and then I end up with something that looks like this:


I love this colourway.
I can't wait to finish it.

Princess B had a play date at our house for most of the day today and I went to help a friend with her lawn tonight (until everything died and we went inside for ice cream--too bad eh?)
So, I didn't get any spinning time today save for about 5 minutes.

I hope to get the singles done tomorrow night if I can just sit down and do it.

0 comments: