Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We're home..

Did you miss me?
Did you even know I was gone??

We left last Thursday afternoon to travel to the Ottawa area for my BIL's rehearsal dinner.
Hubby was filming and we had a c-cold time in the church (beautiful old stone church, no heat turned on) and a nice dinner afterwards.
Friday morning (the wedding day) was full of fun (the kids had very little sleep) and some mishaps (the clear stuff in the shampoo bottle, not shampoo--it was oil--Princess B's hair needed some help)

A little while after lunch and we have a new member to our family!
(No pictures for us--we had to donate our camera batteries for my MIL to take pictures--but I"m sure we'll see some soon)

The snow was crazy, it was a long drive home--but it was a great day.
Saturday was spent playing in the snow (not me--bad knitter I have no proper mittens or snow gear)--I went to Walmart in search of 100% wool for mittens for my son. He has outgrown his other ones quickly.

I did actually find some--it says 100% wool but there is no yardage listed and no other info.
I decided not to use it for the mittens as I wasn't sure it was going to be water resistant.
I found some Sean Sheep (love that stuff) they only had 1 ball of the 100% wool and I was happy to have it.

1 night and 1 afternoon of knitting gave me these.

He won't wear them yet (this is the kid that takes warming up to new things) but my Princess says "I like green now, I'll wear them) and she did.

We had another adventure trying to get to Church on Sunday--what is a 5 minute drive took us 1/2 hour because the car would not defrost enough for us to see. We got about 10 minutes of Church (sad face) but it was worth it for the kids (Princess B did 3 crafts and got a snack in that time).

We left for my FIL's and had a snowy drive up.
Sunday was spent eating good chili and home made bread and warming up by the fireplaces.

Monday the kids tried out their new skis! A inherited B's old pair and she got bigger ones.

The day was not the best for skiing--it was about -35C with the windchill and they kept crying because it was so cold. I came to stay in the nice big warm lodge (in case someone needed to warm up or go back early)--but ended up in a smaller, not warm, no so nice lodge that someone had decided to have a pot party in (the fans didn't help).

The kids still had fun.

I finished a Christmas present, most of another project and cast on a second sock...

The kids played outside this morning and built an igloo, Princess B had a piggyback snowboarding experience

and then we had a long drive home (complete with car sickness involving a laptop ugh)

We are home, bathed and getting the house warm. I need to get moving to defrost our Turkey, find the missing bag of stocking stuffers and make sure I really am all set for Christmas!


Janna said...

Those mittens in one hour and one afternoon!?
I can only dream of being able to do that!!!
Well done!