Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dear Local Hospital

I realize there are no frequent flyer points for visiting the ER.
I find the Nurses kind and helpful, but I really don't need to be on a first name basis with all of them.
I really don't need to meet all the Doctors in the county.
I don't think my son needs to spend his childhood in the ER or get used to the oxygen clip on his finger.
I think we have now been in every exam room in the ER and although they are quite lovely, I now know all the posters/pictures and procedure lists by heart.
I know that you aren't allowed to have books and magazines in the waiting room for "infectious disease" reasons--but could you at least change the pamphlets around?

Also, if the lights at triage are all turned off and there is not a soul in the waiting room--do you really think it takes 1/2 hour to see the baby with the gaping head wound???

Signed,
the Mother who really does supervise her child closely, but he tends to take flying leaps down the stairs anyways.
See you next month

0 comments: