Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ooooh the pretty


This gets it's own post because it's pretty and because there is a story behind it.
So, I belong to this message board for a podcast that I love.
On the mb they were talking about Crown Mountain Farms Roving.
(For those that don't know Crown Mountain Farms are known for their "sock hop" sock yarns that are spun from these rovings. They have fun names like "Brown Eyed Girl" "Wild Thing" "Aint' No Mountain High Enough"
You can see the colourways here and see the sock yarn here. Basically as soon as they put up the whole lot of sock yarns, they sellout almost immediately)
So, on the mb they were indicating that CMF will do wholesale orders for orders over $1,000.
A big group of us got together and bought some roving to get the wholesale pricing.

We ordered in August and shipments were going out beginning of September.
Then the yuckiest thing happened.
Teyani, who is the incredible dyer who came up with all these colourways (39 in total) accidentally slammed her hand in the car door and damaged her fingers/hand.
So...long story short--she won't be dyeing for a while and we got the last available rovings to be had!
I'm very excited.
Usually I wouldn't participate in something like this--because of $--but since I had a stash of funds from my store, and I thought this roving to be very pretty, highly praised etc etc, I decided to go for it, and I'm so glad I did.
Behold, the pretty:

Heard it Through the Grapevine


Wild Thing


Brown Eyed Girl



and It's My Party


I am so happy right now. This was the best mail day ever!

0 comments: