This is my Sister In Law, Lindsay's recipe (Hi Lindsay!)
We tried it out tonight and it was awesome!!!
(The highlighted sections are the ingredients she omitted when making it.)
I also tried to make Roti, recipe from here.
(I think I need more practice with that one)
* 4 chicken breast
* 2 tbsp butter
* 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
* 1 tbsp minced garlic
* 1 1/2 tbsp grated gingerroot
* 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
* 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
* 3/4 tsp ground coriander
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp ground cumin
* 1 can (28 oz/798 mL) diced tomatoes, drained
* 1 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 1 tbsp brown sugar
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
* 1/3 cup light sour cream (not fat-free)
* 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
* 1 tbsp cashew/almond butter
* Hot cooked basmati rice (optional)
1. While chicken is baking, make sauce. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook slowly, stirring often, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Add gingerroot, chili powder, turmeric, ground coriander, cinnamon and cumin. Cook 1 more minute. Add drained tomatoes, broth, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
2. Transfer the sauce to a blender and purée until smooth. Return puréed sauce to pot and heat. Stir in sour cream, cilantro and cashew/almond butter. Add cut-up chicken and mix well. Cook just until chicken is hot. Serve over hot basmati rice, if desired.