Friday, August 08, 2008

Pray the Olympics

I have spent a lot of time prayerfully considering how I respond to the Olympics. My hubbo is a swim coach and is eager to watch the swimming this year. My son vaguely remembers the oo-lymp-i-kits from when he was two and can't wait for the diving. I respect the athletes and the hubbo's position on supporting them and not focusing on the politics. I am being called to another action.
I will be praying the Olympics. Each day as the boys watch the ceremony, the events, the stories, I will be praying for different areas of concern, from Human Rights, for Christians who are imprisoned for their faith, for the young people deprived of freedoms, for Tibet, for families etc.
I will be knitting a simple pattern (still uncertain what) so that I may be quiet in prayer as I do so.
Whatever you decide, consider that ""None of us are free until ALL of us are free" and drop over here or here to see what others are doing during these next few days. Me, I'll be praying.

0 comments: