Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Knitterly Goodness

I have a birthday coming up but I have been blessed to receive some early knitterly gifts.

I got to go out for lunch with an amazing friend last week just to catch up and she gave me the first of some amazing knitting gifts.

She bought me this book:


I have seeing this book online, not really ever looked through it at a book store (I get to a book store only a few times a year)--and so was never really sure what was inside.
Really. good. book.

This friend is the one I started to teach to knit, but we really haven't been back to it since.
She looked at the book and thought it "looked like me" and bought it--amazing.

Last night was the one of the last craft night we will have with Janna (don'tcrydon'tcrydon'tcry) before she moves, and she surprised me with this.


An amazing knitting bag that she designed and sewed herself (she doesn't follow patterns, she just sews) and made from fabric from Kenya (A country I love).
It's amazing! You can read more about it here.

Thanks Janna!

Also, my Dad had asked hubby for some ideas for birthday gifts for me. I always have a list of knitting books to add to my stash or a g/certificate to Canadian Tire so I could buy a rose bush or some flowers or something.
So, they left a gift with me in April and then I got a card yesterday--
with a Gift Certificate for my LYS (Local Yarn Shop)---no way!
Another amazing gift.


So, what would you do with a g/certificate for your LYS??

My thought is to buy some silk or some Fleece Artist SeaWool or something else amazing that I wouldn't normally buy myself and do something special.

I want to knit lace this year and I'm thinking this is a good burst to get me started!

:)

0 comments: