Saturday, October 06, 2007

Best Sister Ever



















My sister sprouty is the best sister ever. For my birthday (I was 27 again) she gave me a skein of her own handspun. She bought roving from Pigeon Roof Studios
and made this for me. So beautiful. I used Wendy's toe up method and they were quick and easy. The socks are packed for the weekend or I would post the finished pic. They are so much softer and squishier then my other hand-made socks from sock yarn. I am hooked!
I have some other older projects to list too. I made this baby bib from the Mason Dixon book














This blanket using the log cabin idea from the same book. I learned that using 4 colours will not give you much of a log cabin look but for my first try it was OK.

And lastly this kitty pillow for a good friend who has received multiple kitty pillows after disclosing to our group that he used to have one as a child and it had been well loved.

I have more to post at some time, but now I am off to Canada for a weekend of family, turkey and stuffing, babies and toddlers to chase, and hopefully a visit to Mary Maxim.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Shadkitty said...

Pretty pretty socks!! Yep, your sister rocks. :) The kitty is so cute, I keep telling myself I will make one.