Friday, June 29, 2007

It's all about colour.

What is it with me and pink lately??

The past 4
rovings I've dyed have been:
Pink/ Black-- "PINK IS THE NEW BLACK"


Pink/ Orange: "BARBIE
DREAMHOUSE"


Pink Grey: "DREAM CASTLE"

and
Pink and Brown: "NEAPOLITAN"


Plus there's the yarn:

This is the solar dyed yarn all re-skeined.
I think it's pretty.
It worked well, I think. I did put the oven thermometer in, but then found out it wasn't working.
So I bought a new one, but I think it was too late in the day to get an accurate reading.

The dye did exhaust (except for some of the blue, which is normal).
There was one weird spot where there was some dark purple that migrated onto the pink and turquoise--but it's all blended in when re-skeined.

It's pretty.
I really want to call it "Like, totally Solar"
I have no idea why--maybe all the pastel colours bring out the 80's girl in me.

Princess B is begging for a pair of socks from it. I was going to put it in the shop--but I think she deserves some for being such a good little helper.

Those
rovings are all available in the shop.

I'm still waiting on my first wholesale yarn shipment---I have no idea when it will arrive....
and I have only 1 skein left to dye....
Luckily I just received 3 pounds of spinning fibre to dye.

Oh, and speaking of colour:


We had a hair painting party the other night.
My one friend has black stripes on her brown hair (and she let us cut it) and the other friend has
blonde, red, brown and black. It's wild and I love it.
I didn't know it was that hard to get a decent picture of ones self.
I took about 20 pictures--I don't know how those
myspace/facebook kids do it!!

Well--the kids are in bed and hubby is out (but he starts vacation tomorrow!!!)--so I am going to do some spinning!!

0 comments: