Thursday, March 15, 2007

Road trip!

That's what the kids and I did yesterday.
It rained and rained and rained and although it was warm I knew we wouldn't get to the park s0 road trip it was.
Ever since I learned that
Lendrum spinning wheels are made less than an hour from my house, I've always wanted to road trip/stalk the place to see what it looked like.
I would have taken a picture but:
a) hubby has the camera
b) it would have been really boring.
Think brown house with a shed. Yep, it's just a non-descript house with a shed/workplace building.
The mailbox does say Lendrum, but not Gord, someone else.
Oh and if you clicked the link to the Lendrum site--isn't it boring? There's nothing there which surprises me.
Everyone raves about the Lendrum wheels yet the site really doesn't say anything.
Oh well,
googling it will give you info.
I have a dream to make the spinning guild take a tour--of course I'd probably be the only one all squealy giggly.

Um...other news..
Not much knitting going on. I just haven't felt like it. I've been a complete slug at night.
Yesterday during Little Man's nap time I cleaned my entire bedroom.
Ever since our bedroom was painted in the summer I want to re-do the whole thing--new lights, new closets etc etc but nothing ever gets done around here...so...it sits.
We have a nice fresh wall colour--kind of apple green but not too bright.
Our bedroom tends to be the dumping ground for all things laundry.
So I took all the laundry out, put away everything that needed a home and took out things that didn't belong--random toys, books etc. Filled a bag of stuff to give away and voila.
I would have had more done last night but Princess B snuck in there when I went to work.

Today I went out with a friend, 4 of her seven kids (yes, seven with 2 sets of twins) and my 2 and we spent the day shopping and roaming. I almost bought a quilt set, but need hubby's approval first.
I'm rambling...

I dyed 2 skeins of yarn and will do about 4 or so more tonight.
Some L&V and 2 new colourways hopefully.
So look for a
shop update soon (yarn will need drying and re-skeining).

Tonight, it's yarn and some more Harry Potter.
I've totally immersed myself in watching the movies.
Until recently I hadn't cared at all for the whole thing--didn't see what the big deal was.
But everywhere I read knitters are all about Harry Potter.
The sweaters, the scarves, the sock yarn--so I thought I'd check it out.
I was hooked in the first few minutes.
Now, as a Christian--I'm not into the whole magic, dark sorcerer thing and definitely would not let my kids watch it until they were at least 10 or so---but I like it.
A friend let me borrow the books, so I hope to read them at some point.

What a boring post.
Are you still reading this?
Anyways, I hope to have some fun stuff to show for my dyeing experiments.
And now it's bedtime for the little ones!!

2 comments:

m. said...

That's so funny about the HP. I won't let Wayne watch them at the house 'cause Ali's still little and I'm not sure how I feel about them, so he has to go to a friend of ours to watch them. It's hilarious to listen to a grown man calling to ask if he can go over and watch Harry Potter. :)

Shadkitty said...

Still reading, but I do admit to skipping around the post a bit. lol

I never read the Harry Potter books, the movies are alright by me. But it's just not generally a big deal for me. I just subscribed to the L&V podcast! Yay!

Oh, my bedroom, laundry burial ground.