progress shot of Ribbi Cardi (this is just 2 hours of knitting...haven't touched it since, but I started!!)
I did some more dyeing. I dyed up the 1/2 pound of Romni that I got from Rosehaven Farms.
I put it in the roaster and in the oven (following the instructions here)
I have the roving encased in old panty-hose which I read about here:
I just took it out, and little problem:
the dye didn't really soak in very well--so it's really white in spots.
I've pulled it all out of the casings and put it in the roaster and I'm going to try again with just squirting the dye on the roving.
We'll see what happens.
Can't wait to use it--because my spinning wheel is done!!
Yep, it's ready for testing--but I will need to wait for this roving to dry.
It should be ready tomorrow to test out...
I also dyed some worsted weight yesterday and wow that yellow is bright. I did yellow and turquoise but it looks like....a mallard duck exploded.
Yeah--I think I will overdye it blue and see what happens.
I'm learning...definitely learning....