Friday, January 19, 2007

more eye candy


I love this sock! and I love EZ's sewn bind-off. Regular bind off was too tight and I haven't' had good luck with a picot bind off (which also would look silly here)
Love this sock, have been wearing it all day.
Also got a ton done on hubby's sock yet I haven't really spent a lot of time knitting. Just little spurts--waiting for a pot to boil, waiting for the laundry to finish etc...
and today I dyed some worsted weight and got a really good black. A dark black, a yummy black, a solid black...which is apparently hard to get. I also got a deep pink, which was supposed to be brighter, but is still yummy.

Love the kettle dyeing, just need to work on control to stop the seepage. Pictures when dry...

Now I will work on Hourglass like a good Knitter.

2 comments:

The Ninja Knitter said...

Can't wait to see the photos! I'm always interested to see how other people's dye experiments turn out. Dyeing seems to be such a variable effort - two people, same dye, same wool = two totally different dyelots.

kaos said...

You are a star Ann, I know you love to knit...and I love all your socks! Someday I may get around to it...but for now I'll stick to the scrapbooking..