Monday, December 04, 2006

Like sands through the Hourglass....

so is the pile of ...... mess...that is my sweater.

So, apparently I missed the invisible writing in the instructions which tells you to use 4 markers instead of 2.
So, instead of doing decreases before and after 4 markers.....yeah...
let's just say the back of my sweater has NO shaping and I didn't' realize a thing until I counted the stitches...again and again and again, and couldn't figure out why I had about 80 extra stitches.
I actually thought--wow the
errata doesn't even mention this, so I should go google it.
Then I accidentally flipped to another part in the book that has a picture of the back of the sweater and almost cried.
Raglan shaping exists on the front AND back of sweaters...
whoops.

I seriously thought about just continuing on and having it all gape-y in the back...
I could grow a hump...Couldn't I??

It was comforting to read that the Harlot has similar problems.
I was reading her 2nd book today, all about her adventures in steeking and the St Moritz sweater. It took her 172 days or something to finish it. She also did some wrong shaping and had 2 different sleeves.
Okay, so if her knitting can kick her butt, so can mine.

So, the Hourglass is now in time-out and I think I shall go back downstairs and drown my sorrows in some really good guacamole.

It's all about food for me recently. Wendy posted and AMAZING cornbread recipe
here:
(you should try it, I've made it twice in the past week and the family just devours the whole pan). (Maybe Wendy can send me some good sweater making vibes. She can apparenlty knit and ENTIRE sweater in about...Oh a week or less)

I'm needing some new recipe's...So here's the thing.

If you are reading this,
e-mail me or give me a comment with a favourite recipe.
Now please don't say "I like pizza" or "Chicken is good"--I'm talkin' real recipe's, something different.
Maybe a household favourite, a family tradition or something you've just picked up recently.

I'll start:
Porkchops with Pear Stuffing
*I love this recipe and it's so easy and only has 5 ingredients*

4 bone in porkchops , approx 1 inch thick.
2 TB margarine or butter
2 ripe pears, unpeeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 medium (red) onion, chopped
3 cups packaged herb-seasoned stuffing mix.

Sprinkle porkchops with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
Brown porkchops in a skillet on medium heat for approx 15 minutes total, turning halfway through. Chops should be browned and meat just losing it's pink colour throughout. Set aside

Melt margarine/butter and cook pears and onions until soft. (About 10 minutes)

Add 1 1/4 cups water and heat to boiling over medium-high heat.
Add stuffing mix, stirring constantly until mixture is even moistened and hot.
Return pork chops to pan to heat through.

I love making this recipe in the fall--sooo yummy...

Next pictures you will see will be holiday knitting.
Only 21 days left people....
21 days...

gak.

edited to add: IT'S SNOWING.
They've had snow in Orlando Florida, Albuquerque NM, B.C., Washington and everywhere else--but now it's finally here!!!
Wheee!!!

1 comments:

karrie said...

My friend once knit a raglan with only 3 stitch markers in place. We joke that she was knitting a sports bra....