Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A crazy thing happened on the way to the computer

Yesterday, I sit down at the computer and get an e-mail from someone at Random House Publishing asking if I would like to review some craft books on the blog.
Some e-mails went back and forth and basically they asked me to choose some knitting books off the site, review them (ie: make a project or 2 and discuss whether the patterns are well written, easy to follow etc) and blog about them.
There may be options to review other books as well.

You should check out the Random House website to see what they have.
I have never looked at their site before and I think I would need a couple of hours to actually go through the whole thing, but at first glance they have a lot of very interesting books.

On to the real reason you are here.
The Knitting (capital K, I like that )

There has been some knitting but not much blogging.
Hubby and I have had 3 outings in 3 days and we have house guests so things have been busy.
THe little hat is coming along, but not finished yet.

I will likely be able to get some good knitting done in the next 2 days so it shoudl be finished.
I just love the little R2D2.


We've been part of some nice get together's in the past 3 days and have had WAY TOO MUCH FOOD.
But it's been really fun.

I'm going to post a recipe since I've made this twice in the past 3 days and will make it again on Thursday for another thing.

Hot Chicken Wing Dip:

1 pkg (10 oz) cream cheese, softened
3-4 chicken breasts
1 bottle hot sauce (Red Hot, or other hot sauce/chicken wing sauce of your choice)
1 jar Renee's Blue Cheese Dressing
(Renee's or jarred dressing tends to be thicker than bottled dressing)

Cut up chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Cook in a pot of salted water for approx 15 minutes until cooked through (I have also seen this recipe done with chicken in a can, or you could use pre cooked chicken pieces).
Add hot sauce to your liking. If you want it milder just coat the chicken with hot sauce. Make it soupy if you like it hot!
Place softened cream cheese in the bottom of an oven proof dish (8" round or 8x8 square).
Put chicken and hot sauce mix over cream cheese.
Spread blue cheese dressing over the top.
Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes until bubbling.

Serve with Nacho chips or crackers.
It will lose some consistency if re=heated in the microwave, but tastes just as good !!

I'll leave you with a blurry Saturday Sky:

0 comments: